Pensions for seperated couples

Pensions for seperated couples

A married couple decide to seperate after a long marriage. Woman was always a house wife. She started working after seperation but not long enough to have a pension since she only worked for a few years. The man has paid the NI and will receive a pension. Can this be fixed so they both receive a pension calculating the NI for the time they were married?


I am afraid such a thing would open a highway for abuse of social services. By the way there already exists non contributory pensions for everyone.

Back to group

This content is created by the open source Your Priorities citizen engagement platform designed by the non profit Citizens Foundation

Your Priorities on GitHub

Check out the Citizens Foundation website for more information